Memes. They’re kind of like a fungus that slowly spreads from one person, or blog, to another. Lizbeth, over at Four Sea Stars, has spread her nasty fungus over here, by naming me in this meme, which is called the Blog on Fire Award. I’m not sure where the outbreak originated, but it is spreading through the blogosphere quickly.
But it does say “award”, so I guess I should say thank you for honoring me with this lovely fungi award. Thank you, Lizbeth. Thank. You. I only hope I can repay this honor someday soon….
Anywho, yadda yadda, seven things about me that you could go your whole life without knowing and not care. Ready??? GO!!!
1. The television show that I can watch over and over again, no matter how many times I’ve seen the episodes, is MASH. I think it’s one of the smartest, well-written shows I’ve ever seen, and I really appreciate how poignant each episode is, interspersed with sardonic humor.
2. In general, I’m not a people-person. Which is to say, I don’t generally like most people. Well, annoying people. And the stupid ones. Or the ones that watch Glen Beck. Or anyone backing Rick Perry (shudder).
3. I would choose corn tortillas over flour anytime. It’s just one more thing that alienates me here in Texas, but I can’t help that I’m a lover of the corn products. I like it mashed into other products, popped, and on the cob.
4. I hate cats. I consider them the devil’s minion. They are ungrateful, snotty, and self-absorbed. There is room in my house for only one snotty, ungrateful and self-absorbed creature, and I’m not giving up my position for some pissy little pussy.
5. I do genealogy because sometimes dead people are more interesting than live ones.
6. Living my whole life in the same town feels like death to me. I have the wanderlust. We’ve moved several times, and it makes for a great adventure.
7. I’m not convinced that Spam is real food. I have never eaten it because I can’t get past the visual of the meat slithering out of the can, with that gelatin coating. And the smell, oh god, the smell.
My good friend Kara, at Karacteristic! She is super awesome, so I know she will loooooove me for this. Right, Kara??
Brian, at Both Sides of the Coin. Because I know he will have something interesting to say.